Aftercare is an important part of addiction therapy. It’s not enough to go through detox and finish a treatment program; there should also be an emphasis on life beyond the treatment facility and long-lasting sobriety. Enrolling in a life skills training class would benefit patients who may find themselves overwhelmed or unused to their new sober lifestyle. At Genesis Recovery and Wellness (GROW), we offer life skills training and addiction recovery programs focusing on whole-person healing. Our capable staff guide and supports patients not just through detox but through recovery and aftercare to achieve lifelong sobriety. If you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse and addiction, call us at 216.331.2998 to learn more about how we can help.
Learn More About Our Life Skills Training Program in Ohio
When someone is newly sober, they are often overwhelmed by the absence of addiction in their lives. They usually do not realize how much time and energy they have been channeling towards addiction and pursuing their next high. Once the substance use is removed, they often find themselves unsure how to manage their daily lives. Through GROW’s life skills training class, recovering patients will be equipped with the necessary tools to navigate their new sober lifestyle. Our program will cover a myriad of topics, including:
- Communication skills – Since most substance abuse patients tend to become isolated through their addiction, it is important to teach them how to communicate openly and honestly. This is essential to repairing and maintaining personal relationships during and beyond recovery.
- Self-awareness and self-care – Once a patient is taught how to recognize and address what their needs are, triggers caused by stress may be avoided, and relapse can be prevented. Managing their emotions and stress is integral to maintaining their new sober mindset.
- Setting and achieving goals – With the loss of getting their next high as their main motivation, recovering patients need to establish a new routine with new goals to occupy their time and attention. Goals can be as small as maintaining a routine. The important part is for patients to be accountable to themselves and to teach perseverance and endurance.
Including life skills training as a part of a patient’s addiction recovery program results in higher chances for long-term sobriety. It provides the necessary tools for patients to reintegrate into their normal lives once their treatment programs have been completed.
Learn More About What Genesis Recovery and Wellness Has to Offer
GROW is conveniently located in Middleburg, Ohio, and offers a variety of outpatient, intensive outpatient, and partial hospitalization programs to cater to each patient’s unique needs. Our LGBTQ-friendly facility provides a safe, judgment-free environment in which our clients can recover with the support of our friendly and qualified staff. We focus on whole person healing, not just through detox and recovery, but aftercare and long-term wellness. In our addiction treatment programs, we help patients learn about the disease of addiction, how to manage their triggers and cravings, and how to cope with relapse. We focus on the 12-step approach and use a variety of evidence-based therapies, including:
- Person-centered therapy
- Rational emotive behavior therapy
- Family therapy and counseling
- Group therapy
- Trauma therapy
GROW accepts most private insurance companies. However, we do not accept Medicaid or Medicare. If you are unsure if your insurance covers your desired program, our admissions counselors will help you verify your benefits.
Start to Heal and Grow at Genesis Recovery
While detox and recovery may seem daunting, getting the right support and guidance can ensure long-lasting success. Contact us at 216.331.2998 today to start your journey to wellness.