Addiction relapse is common, but it doesn’t have to be a roadblock on your journey to lifelong sobriety. You can pick yourself up with the right addiction therapy programs and keep moving forward.
For example, the relapse prevention therapy program in Fairlawn and Middleburg Heights, Ohio, at Genesis Recovery and Wellness (GROW) can provide you with the tools and resources you need to stay on track. This relapse prevention program is designed to help you identify your triggers and develop a plan to avoid them. You’ll also learn how to cope with cravings and stress to stay sober. If you’re struggling with addiction relapse prevention, call 216.331.2998 to learn more about GROW’s relapse prevention therapy program.
What You Should Know About Addiction Relapse Prevention
Addiction relapse can be discouraging, but it doesn’t have to mean the end of your sobriety. In fact, many people see relapse as a learning experience that gives them new insight into their struggle with addiction and what triggers their cravings. With this new knowledge, you can develop a more robust plan for avoiding future relapses.
There are a few things you should keep in mind when it comes to addiction relapse prevention:
- Addiction is a chronic disease, which means there will always be the potential for relapse. However, this doesn’t mean that relapse is inevitable. With the proper treatment and support, you can stay sober for life.
- If you experience a relapse, it’s important not to beat yourself up. As we said before, relapse is common among people with addiction, so don’t treat it as a failure. Instead, use it to learn more about your addiction and what triggers your cravings. This way, you can develop a better plan for avoiding future relapses.
- Remember that sobriety is a journey, not a destination. There will be ups and downs along the way, but as long as you stay committed to your recovery, you will eventually reach your goal of sobriety.
Most relapse prevention therapy options are outpatient programs, which means you can continue to live at home and go to work or school while you receive treatment. However, there are also inpatient relapse prevention programs, which require you to stay at a treatment facility for the duration of your program.
What to Expect from a Relapse Prevention Therapy Program
No matter what type of relapse prevention therapy program you choose, you can expect to participate in individual and group therapy sessions and activities like relapse prevention planning, journaling, and meditation. You will also have the opportunity to learn about relapse prevention strategies from addiction experts. Components of an effective relapse prevention therapy program often include the following:
- Identifying your triggers – To avoid relapse, you need to know what triggers your cravings. Once you identify your triggers, you can develop a plan for avoiding them.
- Coping with cravings – Cravings are a normal part of recovery, but they don’t have to be overwhelming. You can learn how to cope with cravings in a healthy way so that they don’t lead to relapse.
- Stress management – Stress is another common trigger for relapse. Learning to manage stress can help you avoid relapse and live a healthier, more balanced life.
A good relapse prevention therapy program will also teach you how to build a support network of family and friends who can help you during difficult times. Additionally, you’ll work on developing healthy lifestyle habits that will help you stay sober in the long run.
Find a Relapse Prevention Therapy Program in Ohio at GROW
GROW offers a comprehensive relapse prevention therapy program in Fairlawn and Middleburg Heights, Ohio to help you overcome addiction and achieve lasting sobriety. If you’re struggling with addiction relapse prevention problems, contact GROW today at 216.331.2998 to learn more about our relapse prevention program and start your journey to sobriety.